Venture is an online program for first-line supervisors who are new to their role, or for supervisors looking to build their skill set.
Venture is designed to help learners build the skills, knowledge, and confidence they need for a successful career as a supervisor in the nonprofit sector.
Do you find yourself in a supervisory role for the first time? Do you want to build your supervisory skills and knowledge? Venture is designed to help learners build the skills, knowledge, and confidence they need for a successful career as a supervisor in the nonprofit sector.
We all know how integral the supervisor’s role is within an organization. You are in a unique position, as you are a liaison between upper management and the employees, team, or division you supervise. While being a supervisor can be challenging at times, it can also be very rewarding as you play a role in helping the organization accomplish its mission, as well as those you supervise to achieve their career goals.
Venture will help supervisors build their toolbox of resources, increase their confidence as a supervisor, and help them better understand their role as a supervisor at the organization.
Learners have 90 days to complete Venture.
Benefits of Venture
For the Learner:
- Presents material in a practical and easy to navigate, online format
- Breaks down the supervisor role in a straightforward and interactive way so that busy supervisors can build their toolbox of resources
- Provides information on how to effectively supervise other employees at the organization
- Provides valuable resource material which the learner can reference throughout their career
- Builds on the supervisor’s skill path and opens doors for possible career advancement within the organization
- Encourages continuous learning and further career development
For the Organization:
- A well-trained supervisor that can work with senior management to achieve the operational goals of the organization
- Provides a flexible timeline for completion, enabling supervisors to take Venture at any time, at any location
- May increase retention within your organization as supervisors who are given the tools and resources to succeed, tend to stay at an organization longer
- Encourages supervisors to build tools to effectively supervise other staff and contribute to the success of your organization
This module lays the groundwork for what it means to be a supervisor; while you may be in a supervisory position, you may still be unsure of everything that role entails.
This module discusses the resources that are essential to have in your Supervisor Toolbox of Resources.
This module talks about the importance of keeping organized, accurate, and consistent documentation in your role as a supervisor.
This module discusses the role that supervisors play in finding and keeping great employees.
This module discusses the supervisor’s role in managing their team and ensuring that the people they supervise are performing to their full potential.
This module provides information on a variety of leadership aspects that will help you to build your confidence and reaffirm the leadership qualities you already have!