Leap is a management skills development program that presents practical information, principles, best practices, and tips in a variety of management areas for up and coming leaders in the nonprofit sector. Leap gives the opportunity to increase leadership and management skills in a number of areas (i.e. communication, human resources, government relations, etc.) and provides the opportunity to learn in a small group, network with peers, and encourage continuous learning.
Leap consists of nine modules (sessions), click on the "Session Descriptions" Tab for more details on each module.
REGISTERING FOR THE FULL PROGRAM HAS MANY BENEFITS:
- Networking opportunities – Networking that comes from working and learning with the same group of learners at each Leap session (either in Regina or Saskatoon). Having two separate groups of learners provides the opportunity for individuals to connect with and learn from one another in a small group environment. Who better to learn from than those going through the same experiences? Past graduates have stated their appreciation for peer-based learning, saying that it was advantageous to be in a group for networking purposes, to listen and ask questions of others in the group, and to hear ideas on how to handle situations in the workplace that others have been through.
- Formal recognition – Upon completion of all Leap sessions, in their entirety, Leap Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion and be recognized for their commitment to Leadership.
- SARC training discount – All Leap Graduates will receive 10% off future in-person training events attended through SARC (some restrictions apply).
What are the added benefits for the Learner and the organization? Click here to find out!
All Leap sessions are instructed by knowledgeable Facilitators and will include valuable resource material, interactive discussions, and learning exercises aimed at increasing competencies in essential skills of nonprofit management.
There are nine modules (sessions) in Leap:
- How Managers Communicate and Lead
Pricing for the 2017-2018 Leap year is as follows:
Full Leap program:
SARC Member Agency $2,700
Other Organization $2,940 + GST
SARC Member Agency $325
Other Organization $355 + GST
Costs also include the Learner Handbook provided at each session, as well as lunch and refreshments.
Full Program Registration:
Full program registration opens March 27, 2017
Learners must pre-register and attend all nine sessions to be considered a Leap Graduate (each is offered in both Saskatoon and Regina). Register for the program online by clicking on the register button at the top of this page. Alternately, you can click here to download the registration form.
Leap registration will be open until September 8, 2017.
Individual Session Registration:
Learners can also register for individual sessions. Individual registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, provided that the session is not already full.
Individual session registration opens on September 1, 2017
Please note: Space is limited. If a session is full, you will be placed on a waitlist and notified if additional space becomes available.
2017-2018 Session Dates
Dates for the 2017-2018 Leap year are as follows:
- DATE CHANGE! October 12, 2017 – How Managers Communicate and Lead
- October 31, 2017 – Employee and Labour Relations Basics
- November 29, 2017 – Recruitment and Retention
- December 19, 2017 – Employee Accountability
- January 9, 2018 – Governance
- February 6, 2018 – Public and Government Relations
- March 14, 2018 – Financial Responsibilities for Managers
- March 13th – Financial Responsibilities for Managers (for past Leap Graduates)
- April 10, 2018 – Legislation Impacting the Employment Relationship
- May 8, 2018 – Fostering an Effective Team
- September 26, 2017 – How Managers Communicate and Lead
- October 11, 2017 – Employee and Labour Relations Basics
- November 15, 2017 – Recruitment and Retention
- December 5, 2017 – Employee Accountability
- January 25, 2018 – Governance
- February 27, 2018 – Public and Government Relations
- March 27, 2018 – Financial Responsibilities for Managers
- March 28th – Financial Responsibilities for Managers (for past Leap Graduates)
- April 24, 2018 – Legislation Impacting the Employment Relationship
- May 24, 2018 – Fostering an Effective Team
Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant
Funding information for training programs that begin after August 31, 2017 (including Leap) will be available on September 1. For more information, click here. It is strongly recommended that if you are interested in utilizing the job grant for Leap that you apply on September 1 or shortly after.
2017-2018 Leap Full Program - Saskatoon Group
Sep 14, 2017
2017-2018 Leap Full Program - Regina Group
Sep 26, 2017
Leap Graduates - Saskatoon - Financial Responsibilities
Mar 13, 2018
Leap Graduates - Regina - Financial Responsibilities
Mar 28, 2018